Hey do you want to a join a digital media team? Are you experienced in video editing, video production or business development? Do you think you can make a positive impact on our channel? Do you think you could be a YouTube collaborator with us? Can you help take us to the next level? Then come apply for the Fung Bros team…we’re always hiring! Plus we are always trying to create great videos and provide a better life for our teammates. It’s a fun and simple process, just follow the instructions down below.
Please email FungBrosHR@gmail.com with a subject line including your current location, age and desired position. In the body of the email please provide a resume and any links to relevant works (i.e. videos you’ve created, events you’ve produced etc). And then (since we are a YouTube channel) please follow the instructions and submit an unlisted YouTube video! Also there’s a really quick homework assignment that should be fun, interesting and take 30 minutes!
This video is a quick way to get to know you. It doesn’t need to be fancy but needs to be clear!Please submit a 5-8 minute long straight-forward unlisted (not private or public) YouTube video answering the following questions:
- Introduce yourself, hobbies and family background
- What creative skills, talents or language skills do you have?
- What is your greatest strength and weakness as an employee?
- Describe a situation where you succeeded as a leader and a situation when you failed as one
- Every person in an organization has a benefit and cost (+/-) to the team, how do you think your benefit greatly outweighs your cost?
- What’s the first few steps in producing more and higher quality content? (i.e releasing 5 videos a week)
- How would you describe the Fung Bros. channel to someone who doesn’t know?
- What does it seem like our channel lacks? How do you see yourself adding heavy-value? Be specific as possible.
- Describe a time in your life when you made money
- Describe a time when you organized an event, film shoot etc.
- What’s a vision you might have for our YouTube channel and larger media entity?
- Quickly explain the following terms: CPM rate, MCN, brand integration, pre-roll ad, premium web content, demographic
- Give 3 reasons for why you think Eddie Huang, Rich Chigga and RiceGum are popular.
- How do you plan on growing yourself as a person or creative while here?
- If you don’t work for us, where else would you like to work and why?
- What’s an independent, remotely executed project you could do to show your skills and value?
- Why should we choose to hire you over the other candidates that have applied?
**YouTube Channel Assignment** [ATTACHMENT B] For each of the following channels please do the following:
- Watch 3 videos from each channel, tell us why you watched them
- List 3 pros and 3 cons of the channel (what you like/dislike)
- How is content produced for this channel? (who films etc)
- What formats do you see on this channel? (vlogs, skits etc)
- What is 1 key actionable takeaway that could be applied to the Fung Bros channel?
Channels to watch:
- Buzzfeed Video
- Marques Brownlee
- Richie Le
- (Choose 5 of your own and answer the same questions)
**Due to the high volume submissions we may not respond to every single email so try your best to sell yourself! Thank you and we look forward to seeing it!